NDSS 2018 Templates
Please note the templates supplied below may change prior to the final submission of the paper for publication. The final instructions will be communicated to all authors of accepted papers by the Publications Chairs of the respective workshops or symposium. (Any changes to the templates will be minor.)
Also note there are different templates for the main symposium and the four workshops co-located with NDSS 2018. Please select the correct templates.
NDSS 2018 Paper Formatting Instructions
Technical papers submitted for NDSS should be written in English. Papers must not exceed 15 pages total (including the references and appendices). Papers must be formatted for US letter size (not A4) paper in a two-column layout, with columns no more than 9.25 in. high and 3.5 in. wide. The text must be in Times font, 10-point or larger, with 11-point or larger line spacing.
Authors must use the templates and macros below. Do not use templates that have similar/same names found on other sites since they could differ and result in incorrect formatting.
Authors should pay special attention to unusual fonts, images, and figures that might create problems. Documents should render correctly in Adobe Reader when printed in black and white.
Each author’s name, organization name, and email address must appear in the author block under the title of the paper, with street and city information omitted, except when part of the organization’s name.
The NDSS copyright block must appear at the bottom of the first column on the first page. The DOI must be http://dx.doi.org/10.14722/ndss.2018.23xxx where xxx is the paper number with leading zeros if needed; e.g., Paper #2 would have DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.14722/ndss.2018.23002.
Page numbers must be included on all but the title page.
Here are some tips and common issues authors should consider when preparing their final camera-ready papers:
- Compare the resulting paper to the pdf template to ensure it has the same look and feel
- The title should be in Title Case and the font style and size should appear as in the pdf template
- The copyright block should sit above the bottom margin and not extend into the margin (this can happen if the provided version of IEEEtran.cls is not used)
- Make sure the ISBN number and DOI are filled in
- All the pages except for the title page should be numbered
- Check for and eliminate any widows or orphans at the top or bottom of each column on each page
- The headings for the Acknowledgement and References sections should not be numbered
NDSS 2018 Workshop Templates
Workshops that plan to publish proceedings each have their own template. These templates are not yet available. However, you can use the templates above to get started, and once the copyright and DOI information is available you can update accordingly.
Please note each workshop will have different copyright and DOI information. This information is currently TBD; however, it will be provided well in advance of the camera ready deadline.