Call for Papers: Workshop on SOC Operations and Construction (WOSOC 2024)
Call for papers is now open.
Submission Guidelines for Papers/Talk Proposals
Short Papers: WOSOC short papers can cover emerging research, work in progress and position papers. Short papers must be between 4-8 pages excluding references. Papers must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF).
Papers must follow the instructions and use the NDSS templates at https://www.ndss-symposium.org/ndss2024/submissions/templates/. Papers must be formatted for US letter size (not A4) paper in a two-column layout, with columns no more than 9.25 in. high and 3.5 in. wide. The text must be in Times font, 10-point or larger, with 11-point or larger line spacing. Proceedings will be published through the Internet Society; papers will be published at the workshop.
Talk Proposals: WOSOC talk proposals are intended to provide industry experts a mechanism to discuss SOC-related topics at the workshop. Talk proposals must be submitted in text format.
Talk proposals should be submitted in plain text and contain the following information:
- Talk Title
- Talk Abstract: A single paragraph describing the talk; the abstract will appear on the conference site and in pre-proceedings to publicize the talk.
- Talk Description: A short (1-2 paragraph) description of the topics that will be covered in the talk.
- Speaker Biography and Affiliation
The submission portal for papers/talk proposals (pdf or text format) is: https://ant.isi.edu/wosoc/
Areas of Interest
The primary themes for the workshop’s call for papers include but not limited to:
- SOC design and construction
- SOC workflow and operations
- Alert management, triage and prioritization
- Incident response case studies
- Network management techniques for encrypted traffic flows
- Increasing SOC efficiency through automation
- Threat hunting
- Operational visualization and data summarization
- Intelligence gathering, enrichment, and operations
- Large Language Models in SOCs for threat intelligence, detection, and assistance
Note that talks and papers have different submission dates.
- Talk Submission Deadline: 15 December 2023 Anywhere-on-earth (AoE)
- Talk Notification: 29 December 2023
- Paper Submission Deadline: 12 January 2024, AoE
- Paper Notification: 26 January 2024
- Camera-Ready Paper Submission: 9 February 2024, AoE
- Workshop: 1 March 2024